Wednesday, 11 April 2007

a morning ponder

The fight is won and lost on the battlefield... I guess we all have different battlefields and we focus on being successful in these areas.... our activities... our relationships.... our work.... I reckon we spend too much time fighting our way in these roles and choose to ignore the Hardest Battle. Your strongest enemy is yourself and his strongest weapon is your mind. How do you fight your mind when it itself is telling you that it is not necessary?

But sometimes I get a glimpse of my mind's absurdity. Just on rare occasions there is a shadow in my mind so convincing that I am forced to acknowledge that the sun is shining somewhere else. There is something far far brighter than the illumination my mind thinks it has. There is something out there constantly proving me wrong.

Standing alone I am king
Looking down I am smug
Looking up I am servant

No comments: