Sunday, 26 October 2008

left alone


“I don’t believe the sinful nature can be summed up easily, but i know part of it means a person left alone doesn’t grow or get strong, not emotionally anyway...”
- Donald Miller

Community is important. Friends are important. People who are not your friends are important. Because people are the real currency of life. And in giving of ourselves to those around us we gain perspective of what lies central to living: relationships.

Something happened this last week that really got me thinking about people, and my attitude toward them. I became an arrogant, mean person to a few people around me who had only even been good to me. I accepted without giving back. For some reason I thought I would be alright on my own. Killing friendships became a ‘whatever’ situation.

Thankfully people are patient. I hope to be the same back.

People are God’s image and if I fail to love them, I fail in my first mandate: to love God.

No comments: