Tuesday, 09 March 2010

the bad christian

I find it astonishing that Christians have become people known as a grouping of society that needs to adhere to a behavioral code. Any failure of a Christian to meet social expectations is called hypocrisy. This would be an unfair accusation if it weren’t for the fact that Christians are part of this problem. We (Christians) are quick to bring to light a ‘higher path’. A different way of living. We make our goalpost behavior instead of faith, as though obedience was the way to please God. I am learning that FAITH impresses Him far far far more.

Why would someone apologise to me when swearing in front of me...? I don’t care for your swearing - I care that you don’t know my God like I do.

I’m certainly not good - I just trust in Someone who is.

No comments: