Monday, 27 August 2007

caught in confusion

caught in confusion
this imminent respite that eludes
lost in a form of loss that could actually be gain
lost in the same plight as many before me

and as the numbers battle the words
and as my heart battles the logic
like enemies, my mind and my heart insult one another
there is confusion indeed

captive to the fear of loss
more than i'm free by the benefit of gain
replacement seems more natural than acquisition
but i must ensure that replacement nets more

my heart my greatest asset
maybe there i need insurance
to ensure that peace guides me
to know what needs drive me

wealth not being value
and value being hard to find
i pray that some of it be found
in this heart of mine

my heart and my brain: apparent enemies
perhaps not so. perhaps best friends
challenge, rebuke for the sake of truth
my best interests is where both of them look
and when they agree there is not a dance more beautiful
to see the heart join the mind in the dance of confidence

No comments: