Friday, 06 June 2008

screwtape letters- intro



ok, so i am going to do something new and different- I am currently reading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis and rather than reviewing the book after I have read it, I want to write about what it says along the way. I am only 5 chapters in, but already I would put this book in the category of a christian ‘must-read’ for two reasons:
1. It is short
2. It gives key insights into the presence and working of spiritual forces which are so often overlooked in the Western world.

The book is a collection of letters that a senior demon writes to his nephew about the art of temptation and of leading christians astray. It takes awhile to get used to, but The Enemy then refers to God and ‘Our Father’ refers to Satan- keep that in mind as you read any of my screwtape blog entries...

No comments: